The United Nations set aside June 8 to honor how Earth’s oceans maintain our world’s ecosystems. We can all help improve our oceans and keep them healthy for generations to come. Let’s all keep these amazing facts foremost in our minds when you visit Pismo Beach:
- Our oceans produce about 50 percent of Earth’s oxygen.
- About 97 percent of Earth’s water is ocean water.
- Oceans act as a heater in winter and air conditioner in summer due to heat absorption and distribution.
- There are species not yet discovered in our oceans; 80 percent of our oceans are unmapped and not yet explored.
- Some of Earth’s oldest organisms, such as jellyfish and horseshoe crabs, reside in our oceans.
It’s the perfect time to visit Pismo Beach. Plan your stay at one of our many excellent lodging establishments and check out lodging specials. Enjoy the plentiful indoor and outdoor activities for you and your family. We have dog friendly lodging, too. Summer fun has now begun in beautiful Pismo Beach—we can’t wait to see you!