Do you have a three-day weekend, by chance? Presidents’ Day Weekend is a perfect time to have fun, relax, or both in Pismo Beach on the breathtaking Central California Coast. There are so many places to visit, activities and natural beauty to experience, and excellent dining and wine tasting to savor. Bring your families and pups, too—we have many family-friendly and pup friendly places to stay.
Did you know that …
- Presidents Day is celebrated on the third Monday in February, thanks to the 1968 Uniform Monday Holiday Act.
- It was established in 1885 in honor of President George Washington’s birthday.
- Washington’s birthday was actually on February 22, 1732 (this would be his 282nd birthday!).
- Washington’s birthplace is a national monument and is located in Colonial Beach, VA.
- It is still officially called Washington’s Birthday by the federal government.
- The government debated renaming the holiday to Presidents Day to include President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, but the proposal failed in committees.
- Lincoln’s birthday was actually on February 12, 1809 (this would be his 205th birthday!).
Read more at www.nationalparks.org.
Come on out, friends, to our Classic California Paradise and let the fresh ocean air activate ALL of your senses. Recharge and refresh your mind, body, and spirit. We hope to see you this coming Presidents’ Day weekend or any time!