I have some great news to tell you!
This week, September 24-27, is SAVOR the Central Coast, a four day food and wine celebration, located at the Santa Margarita Ranch in San Luis Obispo County, just 30 minutes north and inland of Pismo Beach. I have thoughtfully listed the FAQ’s for SAVOR.
Now, the unfortunate news for me and my other canine compadres is that unless you have a cool, secure dog friendly lodging that we can enjoy safely while you are wining, dining and living it up, pay close attention to FAQ No. 4.
We can’t bear to be without you or that you might decide to not include us on this adventure, however, we wouldn’t want you to miss this great event!
Fidel, the Traveling Chihuahua
SAVOR Main Event FAQs
Here’s everything you need to know to enjoy the SAVOR the Central Coast Main Event, located at the Santa Margarita Ranch in San Luis Obispo County, just 30 minutes north and inland of Pismo Beach.
- Do I have to be 21? Yes. Due to Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, all guests must be over the age of 21. IDs will be checked at the front gate.
- What is included in my general admission ticket to the Main Event? Your general admission ticket includes access to:
- Unlimited food and wine sampling
- Entrance to the Central Coast Pavilion, Estrada Garden, Marketplace, Farm to Table, Travel and Adventure Stage
- Farm to Table and Travel and Adventure Tour Demonstrations
- Unlimited rides on the historic steam engine train
- Live entertainment on the Estrada Garden Music Stage
- Entrance to Chef Central and Winemaker Central seminars.
- Souvenirs and local products you wish to purchase from our vendors.
- Can I bring my baby? No. Although adorable, due to Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations all guests must be over the age of 21.
- Can I bring my dog? No. Although also adorable, due to health code regulations dogs are not allowed at the event. This applies to cats as well. Licensed service dogs are permitted.
- Can I bring a chair? Of course. There are several seating areas throughout the event but guests are allowed to bring chairs.
- Can I wear my heels at the ranch? We don’t recommend it. It’s a ranch. Closed toed shoes to protect your feet are recommended.
- I purchased multiple tickets but they all have my name on them. Can my other guests use the tickets? Yes, the tickets are based off of unique bar codes not the name on the ticket.
- I have challenges getting around. Are there paved surfaces at the ranch? Although the walking surfaces at the ranch are not paved, they are solid and mostly level. The event is wheelchair accessible.
- Do I have to pay for anything once I enter the event? Not if you don’t want to. We will have a variety of local vendors selling unique products and a general store filled with cookbooks, SAVOR gear, and other fun souvenirs.
- Is there food for purchase? Not really. Our artisan purveyors will have prepackaged products for gifts or snacking, but come hungry! Over 25 restaurants will be serving up unlimited tasting portions of the freshest and finest local faire.
- Are there souvenirs for purchase? Yes. We will have a variety of local vendors selling unique products and a general store filled with cookbooks, SAVOR gear, and other fun souvenirs.
- Are there any free seminars at the event? Yes. We will have Farm to Table and Travel and Adventure demonstrations happening throughout each day of the Main Event.
- Is smoking allowed? No. Smoking is prohibited on Santa Margarita Ranch property.
Parking – Main Event
When visiting the Historic Santa Margarita Ranch, you'll be entering on ranch (dirt) roads and parking by way of mowed fields. The walk from the parking area into the event can be several hundred yards. We recommend closed toed shoes to protect your feet.
Is there a parking fee?
Yes. Parking at Santa Margarita Ranch is $5/car per day.
How much parking is available?
We have ample parking for event attendees.
Are there shuttles?
Yes. We are offering Premier Main Event Weekend Shuttle Passes for $10/person. View 2015 Shuttle Schedule. on the SAVOR website.
Is handicapped parking available?
Yes. Handicapped parking is available; use the main entrance and show your handicap placard to receive directions to especially reserved parking.
Can I leave my car at the ranch overnight?
We ask you to plan ahead and take a shuttle or plan to carpool. Cars may be left (at your own risk) overnight. You must pick up your car between 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. the next day.
Getting Here – Main Event
Where can I stay?
We have several partnering hotels offering special SAVOR stay packages including tickets to the Main Event. View 2015 Hotel Partners on the SAVOR website.
What address should I use in my GPS to get to Santa Margarita Ranch?
9000 Yerba Buena Ave. Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Once arriving on El Camino Real, parking attendants will direct you to the event entrance.
What do I wear to the special events?
For most special events, we recommend cocktail party attire or wine country casual-chic attire.
I purchased a ticket to an Adventure Tour but don’t know where to meet.
All ticketholders will receive an email one (1) week prior to the event including the meeting point for the tour.
What do I wear?
Most of the tours will be outdoors. We recommend wearing comfortable clothes with closed-toe shoes.
What should I bring?
A hat, water bottle, sunscreen, a camera, and your enthusiasm.