The Pismo State Beach Monarch Butterfly Grove will be open for Day use during the 2020/2021 western monarch butterfly overwintering season with COVID 19 measures in place.
Help reduce the spread of COVID 19 by:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking is very limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: The state now requires you to wear a face covering in most indoor settings and public outdoor spaces when you cannot maintain physical distancing of six feet or more from people outside of your immediate household. For details, please visit CDPH’s guidance here. Visitors should also abide by their local county health orders.
During this monarch season State Parks will not have daily talks available. However, State Parks Staff have provided an educational monarch video located on their YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/oceanodunesdistrictcastateparks.
Butterfly Grove visitors are not permitted to park inside North Beach Campground. Reservations are required for all school groups. School group information can be found here https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=30273
Tour buses are not accepted this season.